Tuesday 16 August 2011

booky wooky

Ok, I admit it. I was one of the geeky kids that would rather read a good book than watch TV, got excited over Readers Digest books, and lived for Harry Potter. I also read when I'm nervous, since I'm waiting for my A level results it seemed a good choice to order some new books.

Flowers in the attic by Virginia Andrews
Little women by Louisa May Alcott
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Anyone read any of these? What did you think of them?

After I ordered the books, my parents told me they used to have Little Women and the whole of The Dollanganger series (the series that Flowers in the attic starts) but gave them to charity shops, grr! I got them off amazon, ordered late Friday and they turned up early this morning (Tuesday) - gotta love amazon!

Oh and another thing..I'm going Cardiff shopping tomorrow and I need to get fake eyelashes to wear on Thursday. I've never worn any before so can anyone recommend any that are cheap/easy to apply/won't make me look like a drag queen?

Are you a book person? Anyone have any book recommendations? Anyone else waiting for A Level results? Good luck if you are!