Saturday 17 September 2011

my first blog award

Thanks to the lovely Alice from Pretty Wonderful who gave me my first blog award!


The rules
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
- Write 7 random things about yourself
- Spread the love to 15 other bloggers

Already done the first one so I'll get cracking with my seven things..

1. I've wanted a dog for as long as I can remember but I'm basically allergic to everything with fur :( My Bampy's dog is the loveliest dog ever and I sort of consider her mine since I named her, walk her, and grew up with her, but it's not the same! I'd love any dog & constantly think about what I'd name my dog & where I'd walk it, sad I know haha. I really want a Puggle (cross between a Pug and a Beagle) named Puddle :) Anyone else have stupid allergies?
2. I've worked for an anti-smoking charity for about 4 years now. I won't try and convince you to quit and bombard you with facts if we ever meet, hah. It's just something that's quite close to home for me as a lot of my family members have been affected by smoking related diseases.
3. I chose my GCSE and A Level subjects based on what my best friends were taking and ended up not doing anywhere near as well as I should've, being completely clueless about what I want to do in uni and just doing the first thing that came to mind. Would do almost anything to be able to go back to my GCSEs and pick differently!
4. Really simple things make me happy. Like the  way that 'vevo' bounces up and down on youtube videos when you hover your cursor over it, I've had hours of amusement over that one haha!
5. I'm quite a weird mix of a person! What I mean is I like a weird mixture of stuff. I like reading philosophical stuff as much as I like reading blogs, I like Kerry Katona as much as I like Richard Dawkins, and I enjoy watching Question Time and Parliament just as much as I like Big Brother, Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives etc haha. 
6. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and genuinely don't understand how people can not like it! Same goes for marmite haha. Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite because Harry gets Sirius (forever annoyed at J.K.Rowling for killing off Sirius). My Pottermore username is WatchFirebolt94, feel free to add me!
7. I don't remember the last time I ate fruit, unless you count the pineapple that was just on my pizza! It's not that I don't like fruit, I just tend to reach for biscuits & crisps haha. Very bad habit!

Spreading the love:

The bloggers I chose were people whose blogs I read on a regular basis & who tend to comment back, just basically nice people! If I didn't include you then I am sorry, it was just really hard trying to narrow down the hundreds of blogs I follow to fifteen!