Sunday 3 July 2011

umberto giannini salt spray

Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray is a bit of a mouthful, so I'll just refer to it as Umberto Giannini's Salt Spray :). Apparently it's suitable for all hair types, and they describe the look as "You know the look..it's morning after, it's seduction at its cleverest, the look that says you haven't tried, you just are this gorgeous!"


Personally, I love the sound of that look and it's something I always aim for. The suggested technique is "spray evenly through damp hair and dry naturally or with a diffuser." I've tried it a few different ways. First, I sprayed it on damp hair and used my hair dryer whilst fussing with my hair and trying to tease some curls out of it. I tried the same thing but with towel drying instead.

Next I tried it on damp hair & dried it with a hair dryer, but this time I didn't fuss around with my hair. Then, I put it on damp hair and went to bed. Thennn I put it on damp hair and left it to dry on its own for a while.

The result was always the same - a let down. All it did was make my hair smell nice and change texture a bit. It could be because I have quite thick hair, but if that's the case then they should say it's suitable for fine hair rather than "All hair types." I'd say it's worth a try if you have thin hair because it does seem to have the potential to be a really good product.

I got mine when Boots had all Umberto Giannini products for 2 for £5 but you can get it from boots for £5.61. It has a few good reviews on the boots website so I think it's just my hair being stubborn..