75g black treacle
75g golden syrup
175g rolled oats (basically just porridge oats)
- put the sugar, butter,black treacle and goldensyrup into a saucepan.
- heat it all on a low heat on the hob until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved
- take it away from the heat and blend in the oats.
- put the mixture in a baking tray and put the tray into a pre-heated oven (170 degrees C for normal ovens, i turned mine down to 150 because it's a fan assisted oven).
- leave in there for 30 minutes, or until it's crispy.
it was really easy and didn't taste too bad either haha. if i made it again, i'd swap the black treacle for normal treacle, or maybe melted chocolate. the black treacle just dominated the taste too much for me. apparently the recipe is supposed to make 24 squares, but you'd have some really tiny squares if you tried making 24 of them!
on another note: i'm really nervous for university atm. my mother bought loads for me yesterday, including a cookbook aimed directly at students..actually a really good idea. there's symbols by the recipes to tell you if they're vegan, vegetarian, take less than 20 minutes to cook, or are a good hangover cure haha. she's also bought me loads of kitchen stuff, i know she means well but it's making me super nervous :(